1947 – The University of Craiova is founded on 25 April, in accordance with Law 138; comprising 4 faculties: the Faculty of Medicine, the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, the Faculty of Economic, Commercial and Cooperation Sciences, the Faculty of Agronomy. Due to difficulties in the aftermath of war, only the Faculty of Agronomy was able to function.
1948 – The reform of education in August results in the foundation of the Institute of Agronomy, comprising two faculties: the Faculty of Agriculture and the Faculty of Agricultural Machines.
1951 – The Institute of Electrical Machines and Appliances is founded.
1953 – The Botanical Garden of the Institute of Agronomy is founded.
1956 – The name of the Institute of Electrical Machines and Appliances is changed into Technical Institute.
1957 – The Lithography of the Institute of Agronomy is founded.
1959 – The Institute of Pedagogy is founded, with the following specializations: Philology, Chemistry, Natural and Agricultural Sciences, Mathematics-Physics.
1961 – The Faculty of History-Geography is founded.
1965 – Based on Decision 894 of the Council of Ministers of 27 August, the faculties of Mathematics, Chemistry, Philology, Electrotechnics, Agronomy, Horticulture are united under the same administration, known as the University of Craiova.
1966 – The Library of the University and the Student House are established.
1970 – The Faculty of Medicine is established, later on operating separately as the University of Medicine and Pharmacy.
1972 – The Museum of the History of Medicine is established, with more than 7,000 titles.
1977 – The Faculty of Mechanical Engineering is established.
1979 – The Alpine Botanical Garden from Ranca in ParangMountains is established.
1981 – The IT Centre of the University of Craiova is established by Ministry Order 2580.
1991 – The “Nicolae Titulescu” Faculty of Law is established by the Ministry of Education and Sciences Order 8905 of 11 November.
1991 – Two colleges are founded in Craiova and Drobeta Turnu-Severin by Order 5601 of 8 May.
1992 – The Faculty of Theology is founded by the Ministry of Education and Sciences Order 918 of 30 January.
1994 – The Universitaria Printing House is established.
1995 – The Faculty of Physical Education and Sports is established by the Ministry of Education and SciencesOrder 4622 of 7 August.
1996 – TeleUniversitaria television station is established based on the National Council of Audiovisual Broadcast Approval 148 of 23 January.