The Administrative Council
The Administrative Council, chaired by the Rector, provides for the operative management of the University.
The Administrative Council implements the strategic decisions of the University Senate.
The Rector invites the leaders of the legally established university unions to participate in the meetings of the Administrative Council.
The competences of the Administrative Council:
- submission of long- and medium-term university strategies as well as university policies, by areas of interest, to the University Senate;
- setting in operational terms, the institutional budget;
- approval of the budget execution and the annual balance sheet;
- approval of any financial operations exceeding the thresholds set up by the University Senate;
- endorsement of new study programme proposals;
- providing the University Senate with proposals concerning the suspension of study programmes which no longer comply with the University’s mission or are financially ineffective;
- approval of proposals for vacant teaching and research positions.